Do’s and Don’ts of Tattoos
As one of Morgantown’s larger tattoo and piercing shops, we have certainly experienced our fair share of stories over the years. Some are good, some are… well, less than good, haha…but one thing we always try to do is educate our customers on the various aspects of our industry.
Below are some of our thoughts on the ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ of tattoos:
• DO consider your tattoo idea or concept over the course of weeks, months or even years.
• DO get something meaningful or something you are passionate about. Your tattoo needs to have meaning.
• DO as much research as you can on your ideas, the shop, each artist, etc. before scheduling. (If you are reading this, then you are on the right path!)
• DO ask your tattoo artist any questions, or for their expert opinion on anything you might be unsure of.
• DO follow your artist’s aftercare instructions!
• DO give your shop as much notice of a cancellation or rescheduling as possible!
• DON’T get a spur-of-the-moment tattoo.
• DON’T get a tattoo while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
• DON’T forget to tip your artist for their time and work, even if you have a gift card.
• DON’T forget to check spelling and grammar before giving your design to the artist.
• DON’T forget to eat before your appointment, and bring a snack/drink with you.
• DON’T cancel or not show up for your appointment without letting the shop/artist know.
We love what we do, and we love our customers, as well. We hope this article helps shed some light on the various Do’s and Don’ts of the tattoo industry. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call our team at Stick Tattoo at 304.212.5543 or stop into our shop in Suncrest Towne Centre in Morgantown, West Virginia.